Well crap. I don’t have any real life news this week lol.
I stayed pretty busy, but not with anything that’s worth sharing. I didn’t even do anything for Halloween, so it’s not like I even have that to talk about.
I do, however, have some exciting (well, for me) bookish news, so I’ll just skip straight to that!
I won THREE giveaways!!! Best week ever? Quite possibly. Thank you to to Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook and author Karen McQuestion for the copy of From A Distant Star that I will be getting! Thank you to La La in the Library for the $25 Amazon gift card to celebrate her blogoversary! And thanks to Goddess Fish Promotions and all the authors involved in the Paranormal Bar & Grille Blog Tour for the $50 Amazon gift card! You all probably hate me now lol, but I’m so excited. Pretty much the only way I get new books is when I get review copies, when I win them, or when I get Amazon gift cards, and I’ve been rationing the gift card I got last Christmas and mostly saving it for when new books come out in my favorite series. So now maybe I can splurge on something.
But oh! Don’t hate me too much because I’m going to be hosting a giveaway soon! Anyone who was interested in my review of Mad God Walking, be sure to check back in the coming weeks for that.
In other news, I noticed that Amazon went back to showing ALL the reviews, not just verified purchase one (at least for books, I didn’t look at any other products), so that’s good news for us reviewers.
Lastly, I might be changing a couple things on my blog, but I want a little input first because if lots of people really like these things, I’ll consider keeping them.
1) I’m going to remove most of the book tags (all that metadata in the box at the end of my book reviews). The way it’s set up, all I have to do is check boxes, but the time it takes adds up in the long run when you consider I post 2-3 reviews a week, and I don’t know if anyone uses them (I’ve only had two people mention them). I’ll probably just keep author, publisher, genre, sexual orientation, disability, non-human creatures, other (that one include circus, I can’t get rid of my circus tag!), and extra love (since that one marks which books are my favorite, have my favorite characters, etc.). I might keep the setting too since I like reading books set in different countries.
2) I might stop writing my own book descriptions for the book review intros and just use the official ones. Again, time.
3) I might change my homepage and archives to look like this:
I actually love how it looks now, so I’m hesitant to change it to this :-/ but it would also save me a bit of time in the long run.
What do you think of all these changes? Any objections?
Books I Received for Review:
No new review copies! Aren’t you guys proud of me?
Books I Finished:
This looks kind of sad, I know. I usually read at least two books. I’ve been stressed and busy though. And to be fair, Black Snow was 500 pages. But I loved it! I’m still torn between 4 and 4.5 stars. So at least the one book I read last week was a good one.
Song of the Week:
No song this week.
In Case You Missed It:
– I shared book covers featuring haunted houses.
– I reviewed Mad God Walking by Connor Drexler, an urban fantasy with strong friendship and an interesting non-human protag.
– I mused on some possible reasons for why we love pretty covers so much.
– I reviewed The Moonlight Market by Aidee Ladnier, a book with character growth, romance, a bit of magic, and circus.
The Sunday Post Link-Up:
Once again, I’m linking up to The Sunday Post at Caffeinated Book Reviewer :-)