Jump to Section:
Book Review Requests
I am currently accepting requests, including indie and self-published books! However, I am only taking books for consideration.* That means, even if I do accept a copy of your book, I do not guarantee I will end up reading it.
*This does not apply to blog tours, author review groups, or any other situation in which a review has been expressly agreed upon.
Genres I Accept:
– Science Fiction
Within Those Genres, I Accept:
– Young adult and adult (I have no problem with sex scenes, strong language, violence, or dark themes/content)
– Regular novels and graphic novels
– All types of romantic relationships (including LGBT+)
– I do enjoy a romantic element, but it’s not required
Formats I Accept:
– mobi for ebooks
– audiobooks (I generally use Audible, but let me know if you have codes for somewhere else, I may be willing to sign up)
– for comics / graphic novels, I’ll accept PDF, but I’m more likely to accept if you have print copies because I have a head/eye problem and cannot look at computer screens too long (I live in the US)
– I love series! But you will need to provide any previous books I have not yet read.
How Soon I Post:
– I cannot give a time frame right now.
Where I Post:
– Audible if it’s an audiobook and you want me to post there
– I haven’t decided if I’m going to continue posting full reviews to my blog. Currently I do monthly updates where I share quick thoughts on all the books I’ve read that month.
– I may also mention your book(s) in other types of posts, like recommendations based around a genre or topic.
If I Dislike the Book:
– If I rate the book less than 3 stars, I may or may not choose to post a review.
– If I don’t finish the book, I will not post a review.
In Your Email, Please Include:
– Description of the book
– Link to the book on Goodreads and/or Amazon
– If the book is part of a series
– What format(s) you’re offering
If you’re interested in having me review your book, email me at kristenburns.contact (at) gmail (dot) com
I can’t respond to every request, but you should hear from me within a week if I’m interested in receiving a copy!
Game Review Requests
If you have a sci-fi/fantasy/paranormal (or something in that general vicinity) game, I review those! You can find all my gaming blog posts and reviews here to see if yours might be a good fit.
If your game is a visual novel or other text-based game, the game needs to be accessible with some sort of text-to-speech mode (e.g. ren’py self-voicing mode), or it needs to work with screen readers, in order for me to play.
If your game is not accessible with TTS because it has elements that require looking at the screen (point and click, puzzles, etc.), I play those too, you can still contact me!
If you’d like to offer me a copy for review, email me at the address below, and I’ll respond to let you know if I’m interested!
kristenburns.contact (at) gmail (dot) com
*Please note, I do not accept demos for review, only full games.*
If you have other opportunities or offers you think would be a good fit for my blog, email me at kristenburns.contact (at) gmail (dot) com