Jump to Section:
I am currently accepting requests, including indie and self-published books! However, I am only accepting books for consideration.* That means, while I do only accept books I’m genuinely interested in, I cannot 100% promise that I will end up reading yours.
*This does not apply to blog tours, author review groups, or any other situation in which a review has been expressly agreed upon.
Genres I Accept:
– Science Fiction
Within Those Genres, I Accept:
– Young adult, new adult, or adult (I have no problem with sex scenes, strong language, violence, or dark themes/content)
– Regular novels or graphic novels
– M/F, LGBT+, or menage romantic relationships
– I do enjoy a romantic element, but it’s not required
– I love series! But you will need to provide any previous books I have not yet read.
Formats I Accept:
– eBooks (mobi, epub, or Amazon gifting – no PDFs unless it’s a graphic novel)
– Physical (paperback or hard cover – I live in the U.S.) – I give priority to print books and can usually get them read faster, I also take a photo to share on Twitter
How Soon I Post:
– Unless we have a prior agreement, I cannot give a time frame. I am a mood reader, and forcing myself to read your book when I’m not in the right mood could result in a lower rating.
– For ARCs given in advance, I try to post around the release date.
Where I Post:
– I cross-post all reviews to my blog, Goodreads, and Amazon.
– I also share links on Twitter, Pinterest, and Tumblr.
If I Dislike the Book:
– If I rate the book 2 stars or less, I may or may not post a review.
– If I don’t finish the book, I will not post a review.
In Your Email, Please Include:
– Title, author, blurb, genre, and a link to where I can find it on Goodreads and/or Amazon
– If your book is part of a series and if it has the same MC throughout
– An excerpt and/or a link to where I can find it – preview on Amazon is fine
– If you’re interested in doing a giveaway you can let me know at any point before or after the review is posted (note: I will set it up and host it, but you will be responsible for sending out the prize)
If you’re interested in having me review your book or have any questions, use my contact form or email me at kristenburns.contact (at) gmail (dot) com
Unfortunately, I’m unable to respond to every request, but I will get back to you within two weeks if I’m interested!
I am also currently accepting guest post requests from authors!
– I’m open to accepting posts about the writing/publishing process, the sci-fi/fantasy/paranormal genres, topics related to your books/characters, character interviews, or anything else related to books and reading. Right now I am only considering posts from authors for whom I’ve reviewed at least one book (you can check my reviews page if you’re unsure).
– If you need it posted by a certain date (e.g. to promote an upcoming book), let me know so I can tell you whether it will be possible or not with my schedule.
– With your guest post, I will include a bio and links to any websites/social media that you provide me with.
– I’m happy to set up a giveaway, but you will be responsible for supplying and sending out the prize.
If you’re an author (or contacting me on behalf of an author) and are interested in guest posting, use my contact form or email me at kristenburns.contact (at) gmail (dot) com
I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if I’m interested!