So... I figured I'd make a pros and cons list and then see what you all think!
Pros of Reposting Book Reviews
– They get seen by more people (I mean, for me, new posts and GR reviews get a lot more attention than old ones), and letting people know about the amazing books we read is one of the best things about book blogging.
– It gives you a chance to fix them up now that you’ve honed your reviewing skills a bit.
– It gives you a chance to fix up the posts themselves if you’ve changed your layout, the way you do posts, etc.
– It gives you a break every now and then from creating all new content. That’s helpful if you’re busy or tired but still want to post. And it’s almost like new if hardly anyone has seen it or it’s so old that everyone has forgotten about it.
– Even if people have seen it, they might have different tastes now, so it still might help your followers find a new book they’ll love. Or anyone who’s seen it and still isn’t interested can simply skip reading that post with no harm done.
Cons of Reposting Book Reviews
– Anyone who’s already seen it might get annoyed.
– Anyone who’s already commented probably isn’t going to comment again, which could mean less interaction.
– It could be seen as lazy.
– Your tastes might have changed, and you might end up promoting a book that you no longer like.
– If you have a bunch of new books to review, you might not have time for reposting old reviews.
I’ve never reposted any book reviews on my blog, but I did repost some reviews on Goodreads when I re-read a series earlier this year because I added a “reread update” to each one. And these reviews that had gotten no attention when they were originally posted (because I had hardly an GR friends) suddenly had people interested in the series and adding it to their TBRs. That made me really happy since it’s one of my favorites.
I guess, in the end, there’s never a right and wrong. Everyone can do what they want with their own blog. No one is being forced to follow anyone else or to read/comment on every single post on a blog. And if revamped reviews are spaced out, it probably wouldn’t be an issue even someone has already seen them. But I really want to know what you all think!