Since the introductory post went over so well and most of you said you wanted updates, here we are!
I do have a bit of news though. I got rid of the ghost (sorry to anyone who liked him!) since he just wasn’t clicking for me. But I added three new sims to make up for it! You won’t get to meet one of them until the next update though since I didn’t create him until after making this post, and I don’t have a good photo of him.
Also, a little explanation of something else before I get to the shenanigans. I’m still playing The Sims 3, in case anyone doesn’t know. Since it’s been out for a long time, there are lots of mods (modifications) available. And my game is modded out like crazy. I have so many mods at this point that I don’t even know what’s part of the original game and what’s caused/changed by mods. I love them though because they make the game so much more realistic, sometimes more difficult (which is good in a game where everything is generally pretty easy), and sometimes more interesting. Before starting this house, I had gotten bored, so I downloaded some especially interesting mods to spice things up. One of those allows sims to have sex for money.
Another bit of explanation. I originally created Jacobin for use in another game, but instead I made him a witch and put him in this one. And in my original idea for Jacobin, he was going to be a prostitute, so I decided to keep that aspect of him. This info will be important later. On that cryptic note, you may now commence with the rest of the post ;-)
The New Sims
This is Rameses, the eccentric, bookworm mummy. (You all better tell me how much you love this mummy because he was the biggest pain in the ass ever to get looking and functioning how I wanted him to because mummies in the game are normally wrapped in bandages and walk with an obnoxiously slow mummy shamble.)
This is Pin, the good-hearted, eco-friendly plantsim. (In the game, plant sims have leafy, green skin, leafy hair, leafy clothes… they’re just very leafy. I edited him to make him look more human. And in my head he’s a dryad.)
The New Shenanigans
– Elliott (the werewolf) continues to have the funniest interactions. In addition to sniffing people, scratching furniture, eating raw meat, and eating meals by crouching on the chair and shoving his face into them while in werewolf form, he can also play fetch and have his belly rubbed.
– Also, I love that when Matthew (the faerie) and Elliott became a couple and slept in the same bed that first night, Matthew has automatically slept in Elliott’s bed ever since even though his old bed is still available. Too cute. #Matthiott5eva
– Sims in TS3 have wishes. Pin (the plantsim) has wishes that are literally things like, “catch a butterfly during a full moon,” “see a wild horse,” “flower kiss a sim,” and “commune with 5 different plants.” It couldn’t be more perfect for how I imagine him. And that whole communing with plants thing? He can talk to and flirt with plants.
– Jacobin (the witch) entered a supernatural trivia contest and won first place (plus $2000), proving he’s more than just a pretty face ;-)
– Speaking of Jacobin, there has been an unforseen plot twist. Remember what I said about that prostitution mod? Well, I was playing my game one night when all the sudden a notification came up, and it turns out Jacobin is a baby daddy! But wait, it gets worse. He must have some strong swimmers because he slept with two women one night, and BOTH got pregnant. So he has TWO daughters now with two different women. And one of the women is a married politician o.0 And they’re both kinda crazy. Literally one of them has the ‘insane’ trait, I think. (Pictured below is one of the mothers at the park with the daughter.) Lesson learned. Jacobin will be sticking to the menfolk from now on.
– Also speaking of Jacobin, the Jacovine flirting continues! He and Levine (the vampire) reached the point where even when I don’t tell them to flirt, they just do it themselves. At one point I just sat there and watched them—not telling them to do anything, just watching them woo each other on their own. They mostly complimented each other a lot, and then Jacobin gave Levine a massage. #Jacovine4lyf
– Levine tried to use his hypnotic powers on Jacobin one day, but it backfired, and he hypnotized himself. I’ve never actually seen a sim make a “this is awkward” face but if that isn’t exactly what Jacobin’s face is saying, then I’ll be damned.
– My sims have been oddly expressive with their faces lately as well as really living up to their supernatural stereotypes. I mean, just look at Alim hovering in the air and looking like the mischievous genie that he is, and Levine’s perfect vampire smirk, and Rameses who looks like he’s still having a bit of trouble adjusting to being human-ish again after all that time as a mummy, and even Jacobin’s smolder that apparently gave Alim a bit of a crush.
– I don’t think I mentioned before that Alim (the genie) is an artist. He loves to paint. Sometimes, apparently, he paints chipmunk mosaics.
– Last but not least for this post, Alim and Matthew went to the art museum in town one day. Poor Matthew, the emotional little fae that he is, was moved to tears by some of the paintings, and he looked very unsettled by others.