1) Have you seen my bio? Even the mini one in the sidebar?
2) I used to do circus myself for a brief period of time---I even included a photo at the end!
3) I made this post even before I knew this would be an official topic because I just wanted to do this topic anyway.
4) Every single book on here came from either books I already own or my TBR because I LOVE CIRCUS BOOKS, so this was a really fun, easy one for me to put together.
5) There are some absolutely gorgeous circus covers out there! And I managed to find a wide range that includes trapeze, silks, fire dancing, animals, wire walking, and even the circus tents themselves.
So now that you are sufficiently versed in why I am so excited, here are the covers!
Cover Characteristics is a weekly meme hosted at Sugar & Snark. This week’s topic is:
Books Covers featuring Circus
MacDeath by Cindy Brown
It’s just cute and caught my attention.
That Time I Joined the Circus by J.J. Howard
It’s just so pretty and magical like a circus should be.
Cirque des Immortels Series by A.R. Kahler
These are just photos, so not that special, but the second one is interesting, and they’re still pretty photos.
The Man Who Became Frankenstein’s Monster by Robert Daicy
This is such a gorgeous tent, even though it doesn’t have the red and white stripes, and the whole cover is designed so well.
Spectaccolo by Christine Catlin
I know this book has been shunned by the blogging community, but it’s still got a beautiful cover!
My Favorite #1:
Girl on a Wire by Gwenda Bond
I couldn’t pick one favorite, so I chose five, in no particular order. I’ve used this one before because the graphics are so catchy and pretty. The second one is a graphic novel about the MC in the book, showing some extra adventures and things.
My Favorite #2:
Pantomime by Laura Lam
This one is so simple and minimalistic but still so gorgeous.
My Favorite #3:
The Fire Dancer by Kristen Strassel
I absolutely LOVE this one. Fire isn’t the most typically circus-y thing there is, but it definitely can be circus, and this art is just amazing.
My Favorite #4:
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I suppose everyone will have this cover on their list. It’s somewhat minimalistic with so few colors and graphics, but it works so well, and I cannot resist anything that’s black, white, and red! Unfortunately neither one of these is the covers on the US Amazon site, so I’m not sure where to get these particular covers.
My Favorite #5:
Vagabond Circus Series by Sarah Noffke
These are just so pretty and eye-catching, and again the silhouette works so well, especially with the trapeze!
And just for funzies because I want to share my circus-ness with you all, here’s a photo of moi (it’s five years old since I don’t do this anymore, but whatevs) :-)