Jump to Section:
I am currently accepting requests, including indie and self-published books! However, please understand I am only accepting books for consideration. That means, if I accept your book, I still may not end up reading it.
Genres I Accept:
– Fantasy/Paranormal (all subgenres)
– Science Fiction (all subgenres, but my preference is dystopian and post-apocalyptic)
Within Those Genres, I Accept:
– Young adult, new adult, or adult (I have no problem with sex scenes, strong language, violence, or dark themes/content)
– Regular novels or graphic novels
– M/F, LGBT+, or menage romantic relationships
– I do enjoy a romantic element, but it’s not required
– I love series! But I always read them in order, so you will need to provide any previous books I have not yet read.
Formats I Accept:
– ebooks (mobi, epub, or Amazon gifting – no PDFs unless it’s a graphic novel)
– Physical (paperback or hard cover – I live in the U.S.)
How Soon I Post:
– How soon the book gets read/reviewed depends on multiple factors and could be anywhere from a week to over a year
Where I Post:
– I cross-post all reviews to my blog, Goodreads, and Amazon
– I also share links on Twitter, Pinterest, and Tumblr
If I Dislike the Book:
– If I rate the book 2 stars or less, I may or may not post a review
– If I don’t finish the book, I will not post a review
In Your Email, Please Include:
– Title, author, blurb, genre, and a link to where I can find it on Goodreads and/or Amazon
– If your book is a standalone or part of a series and if it has the same MC throughout
– A few pages excerpt and/or a link to where I can find it (helpful, but not required) – preview on Amazon is fine
– If you’re interested in doing a giveaway you can let me know at any point before or after the review is posted (note: I will set it up and host it, but you will be responsible for sending out the prize, and I will only do a giveaway if I end up being able to give your book 3.5 or more stars)
If you’re interested in having me review your book or have any questions, use my contact form or email me at kristenburns.contact (at) gmail (dot) com
Unfortunately, I’m unable to respond to every request due to health reasons (don’t worry, I check my spam, so I will most likely get your email one way or another), but I will get back to you within two weeks if I’m interested!
I am also currently accepting guest post requests from authors!
– I’m open to accepting guest posts from authors about the writing/publishing process, the sci-fi and fantasy genres, topics related to your books/characters, character interviews, or anything else you think of related to books and reading. Right now I am only considering posts from authors for whom I’ve reviewed at least one book (you can check my reviews page if you’re unsure).
– If you need it posted by a certain date (e.g. to promote an upcoming book), let me know so I can tell you whether it will be possible or not with my schedule.
– With your guest post, I will include a bio and links to any of your websites/social media that you provide me with.
– I’m happy to set up a giveaway on my blog if you want, but you will be responsible for supplying and sending out the prize.
– If you’d like to guest post on my blog, email me with your post idea(s). Please do not send full posts until you’ve received a response from me.
If you’re interested in guest posting or have any questions, use my contact form or email me at kristenburns.contact (at) gmail (dot) com
I will get back to you as soon as possible with my decision!